Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hala Madrid!!


Parejo press conference

Daniel Parejo commented on the team’s chances of winning La Liga during Tuesday’s press conference.

How will the fact that the internationals have very little time to rest between now and Saturday affect the match?
Such a circumstance affects teams like ours because we have so many internationals and very few days to recover. However, we will still do our best to beat Malaga for the three points.

Are you disappointed about the little playing time you have received?
Playing for this club is the greatest that can happen to a player. I am not playing a lot, but I am happy to have debuted. I am young and have a lot of time ahead of me. I am happy to come to training every day and to wear the shirt I wear. I am grateful to players like Raul who constantly give me advice.

How was your experience in England?
It was all about training and developing away from home. It was the right move and it helped a lot.

There’s been talk about new midfielders coming in.
This is the best club in the world and the best footballers will come. I will fight in every workout and can only think about the present. I am here and I will do whatever it takes to earn a spot.

Does Juande deserve to continue next season?
We should worry more about what happens on the pitch. The club must decide. That said, Juande is doing a good job and we’re putting up champion-like numbers. We will support whatever coach is here.

Will this stoppage force you to ease up on the pressure being put on Barcelona?
They are six points ahead but we will not lose hope. Thirty points are still in play and we won’t give up because we are Real Madrid.

The recent assembly cooled down the social tension. Did it affect the team at all?
No it didn’t. It’s a club matter and we need to focus on what happens on the pitch.

Has the name Florentino Perez come up in the dressing room?
No it hasn’t and we’re not concerned with the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment